Go to your website’s home page and you will see that you are ready to begin building your new website. In Adaptive, new blog posts will appear automatically on the front page. To add new posts login to the admin and navigate to Posts > Add New.
Creating your post:
- Enter a title.
- Add your text content.
- Select your categories and tags.
- Choose your featured image. This needs to be at least 1100×800 pixels to ﬁll the front page.
- Click Publish.
Adding a Logo
You can easily add your logo to any Theme Spectrum theme.
- In the WordPress admin, click Media and Click Add New
- Use the media uploader to upload your image by clicking Select Files
- Once the image is uploaded, select and copy the File URL of the image and click Save all changes.
- Return to the theme options and paste the ﬁle’s URL
- Click Save Changes.
To remove the logo just delete the URL and click Save Changes again.
Look and feel
Changing the background image can be done easily by choosing a pre-made background option. To disable these and use the WordPress background feature, you can click the box Disable Background. The link colors and heading fonts can also be changes here by selecting the color scheme and fonts drop down menus.
This box allows you to add your own custom CSS without having to change the theme. Using this could make installing updated themes easier for you.
Changing the Default Footer Text
The theme provides an easy way to change the canned text that appears in the footer. You can add your own text or HTML to the left and right side. To make this blank you can simply add a space or two.
This area allows you to add your custom RSS feed if it differs from the one WordPress generates.
Easily add your analytics tracking code without editing the the theme. This will be placed before the </head> tag.
Adding social media links to your theme
Adding linked social media icons to your theme is quick and easy.
- Go to your theme setting in the WordPress admin.
- Under the Social Media tab, add your URL for the corresponding social media site.
- Click Save and you are done.