Adding a logo
You can easily add your logo to any Theme Spectrum theme.
- In the WordPress admin, click Media and Click Add New
- Use the media uploader to upload your image by clicking Select Files
- Once the image is uploaded, select and copy the File URL of the image and click Save all changes.
- Return to the theme options and paste the ﬁleʼs URL
- Click Save Changes.
To remove the logo just delete the URL and click Save Changes again.
Adding a Parallax Item
Adding content to your parallax website is much like posting and the details are outlined below. Posts are currently displayed by date with the newest listed first.
- Enter a title.
- Add your text content.
- Select your categories and tags.
- Choose your featured image (background). This needs to be at least 1100×800 pixels to ﬁll the front page.
- Select repeat background to repeat this image (great for textures or patterns).
- Select a background color if you want.
- Click Publish or Update.
Parallax Post Options
- A. Choose the alignment for your post.
- B. The hide background box will hide the background that is behind your block of text.
- C. Change the color of the text for the post.
- D. Change the color of the links.
- E. Choose an additional image to the right to the right of your post. This displays as a background image at 500 pixels wide on the desktop view.
Look and feel, CSS and changing default footer text
Changing the background can be done easily by choosing a pre-made background
option. To disable these and use the WordPress background feature, you can click the
box Disable Background.
This box allows you to add your own custom CSS without having to change the theme.
Using this could make installing updated themes easier for you.
The theme provides an easy way to change the canned text that appears in the footer.
You can add your own text or HTML to the left and right side. To make this blank you
can simply add a space or two.
Colors and Fonts
Parallax has color options builtin for the site title, site title hover, site title text shadow, main menu, main menu hover, parallax menu background, parallax menu hover, parallax menu text, site links and site links hover. Clicking the text box will prompt the color selector for you to choose the color you want. You can also type in the color if you already know it.
Parallax is built to use Google Fonts and allows setting the font family for the site title & headers, the site body, and the buttons. Simply find the Google Font you want and paste the exact name into the text field. The weight of the font is current;y only the default due to the variety of methods these fonts require to be set.
Adding custom RSS feed and Analytics
This allows you to add your own RSS feed if it differs from the one WordPress
Easily add your analytics tracking code without editing the the theme. This will be
placed before the </head> tag.
Adding social media links to your theme
Add link icons to your favorite social media networks. Simply add the social network URL and your icon will appear at the top. This theme supports Behance, Blogger, Delicious, design ﬂoat, Deviant Art, digg, Facebook, Flickr, friendfeed, Google, LinkedIn, Reddit, stumbleupon, tumblr, Twitter, vimeo and YouTube.
Adding linked social media icons to your theme is quick and easy.
- Go to your theme setting in the WordPress admin.
- Under the Social Media tab, add your URL for the corresponding social media site.
- Click Save and you are done.